We are a group of parents who have children who have been diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder.
This can happen to a child for a variety of reasons. Raising these children is very challenging. We think that reading about other's challenges is very helpful and encouraging. So we created this blog so we can write things we go through without infringing upon our children's privacy. For this reason we will not use our children's names or our own. We hope you find this blog helpful

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The RAD challange



So my friend over at the Welcome to my brain blog posted a challange last Friday.
Here is the Challenge:

10 hugs a day
10 minutes of FUN attachment-inducing games (involving touch and/or eye contact)
20 minutes of doing something fun YOUR CHILD wants to do

For seven days straight. They cannot lose any of these things - no matter what. They get it every day for a week - no matter what.

OK so I took the challange, but I didn't want to blog about it. I knew that I would not do so well. I have been getting the hugs in and one day I got some eye contact stuff. To be honest, my son does not want to do anything fun with me. He flat out told me that. He did let me watch him play video games and I have worked on a few other things. I am trying, but I am failing mostly, but every day is a new day. Today I am taking the kids to the pool, maybe I can get some bonding stuff or fun stuff done there.
Anyone else taking the challenge? Share!
.
http://www.welcometomybrain.net/2010/05/attachment-challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think, but please be nice. We won't post negative or mean comments. All comments are reviewed before they are published.