We are a group of parents who have children who have been diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder.
This can happen to a child for a variety of reasons. Raising these children is very challenging. We think that reading about other's challenges is very helpful and encouraging. So we created this blog so we can write things we go through without infringing upon our children's privacy. For this reason we will not use our children's names or our own. We hope you find this blog helpful

Monday, March 15, 2010

Introduction

I am suburb mom. I have four children, all biological. They range in age from 6-13. My second oldest struggles with attachment disorder. He was medically fragile as a baby and spent a lot of time away from us. He is a smart kid and sure is a fighter. I am very proud of the things he has overcome. Unfortunately it all left him with severe trust issues and RAD. I will call him Titan (his favorite football team). We have struggled with doing no therapy, therapy alone, and therapy with medications. We have found that therapy with medications works the best for us. Without medications we really struggle with a lot of violent behavior. Thankfully the meds seem to slow that reaction time down a bit and make him more available for interventions to counteract the RAD. I have learned so much from my precious son and I know there is so much more to learn. Through my son I have also found a great deal of personal healing as well. This is a tough road but it is strengthening my faith every day. I hold onto the fact that I know God will not give me more than I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think, but please be nice. We won't post negative or mean comments. All comments are reviewed before they are published.